ENTER THE WORLD WHERE LIPGLOSS AND MANOLOS ARE A MUST

Welcome to my life! A world where Chanel lipsticks, a photoshoot full of Jimmy Choo boxes, and the most amazing sparkles (my fans) are part of my every day life! Fashion runways, glamorized sets for magazine covers, and beautiful brides are the norm for me. Join me as I balance God, my family, my love life with my amazing hubby, Gianni (my chihuahua) and my love for fashion... while trying to spread love around the world one hot minute at a time! As always... Peace, Love, and Sparkles! xoxoxoxoxoxoxo


Join me on Facebook for daily beauty tips! Makeup by Paulina Perez







Thursday, February 18, 2010










My wonderfully amazingly talented friend Scarlett Lillian contacted me a few months ago to tell me the exciting news that she was doing her last one on one photography session and was going to start her own workshop!!!! I was so happy for her, and excited for the photographers that would be learning all of her incredible tricks! She told me about the fun girly weekend she was planning, and a few times I read about how she was nervous about hosting her first workshop! Scar nervous?? I thought how could someone so talented be nervous?
When she asked me to be the makeup artist for her very first workshop I was so excited to work with her again!! She is always zipping around the country doing fabulous weddings, so the times we get to work together are few and far between! I LOVE seeing my work through her lens! One word that can describe it is......AMAZING!

As the months passed, I saw her juggling different events, trips to other workshops, trips to see the infamous Stephen, be guest speaker for various events, host a bahamas cruise photography event, prepare for her first workshop, and train for an intensive marathon to raise money for cancer! How does she do it?? I would see her blog about all the fabulous ladies joining her workshop, and revealing little secrets here and there...and it got me even more and more excited about being part of such a great leap in her life!

The day of the SOLD OUT workshop, I got to One Ocean and was so excited about her little secret....Whitney Thompson winner of America's Next Top Model cycle 10 was the model!!!! As I waited for Scarlett to come out of the conference, Whitney came into the hotel! I almost didn't recognize her as her platinum blonde hair, was now dark brown. When I recognized her gorgeous face I got soooo excited and immediately went to introduce myself! Any makeup artist will tell you...it is WAY more fun to do brunnettes, because there is soooo much more colors that will work well with them! It also made her eyes really pop!! It was like makeup artist heaven! As Scarlett came out to take her into announce the model to the photographers, I went upstairs to set up for makeup. As I waited for them to come up, I LIKE ALWAYS, was on my Iphone looking through my facebook and chuckled as I saw a bunch of photographers posting on their website about how excited they where it was Whitney!! One actually wrote "OMG I was hoping it would be her!!! she is my favorite!!!!"
Whitney walked into the "makeup room" and I discussed "the look" with the gorgoues Orlando celebrity stylist Melanie Pace and my friend, hair dresser Amber Kish! When I saw the gorgeous purple shoes she had for the shoot, I knew that purple was the theme for the day!! I was like a kid in a candy store!!!! Color! Color! Color!! It was like She died her hair for me to be able to really play!! lol!! I ventured into my makeup LUGGAGE!! lol!! I had so much fun picking the pinks, purples, magentas, and black shades that created the beautiful look for the shoot! we had a little trouble with dryness (being on a plane every few days is super drying to your skin) so we mixed a little moisturizer with the blush to create that beautiful glow that you see!! BTW, if anyone has any questions about the makeup I used or how to recreate the look let me know!
It was definately a great experience getting the opportunity to meet Whitney and be girly with her! We talked about the grammy's, which celebrity wore what, exboyfriends, her new candle/jewelery line, and her previous blonde hair and how glad she was she could go back to her natural color! (Got to admit I loved her brunnette!!) I wanted to stay all day, but I had another client to meet. I loved meeting everyone including Scarlett's lovecake Stephen! I said bye and started heading out! Before I left I saw a group of photographers waiting in One Ocean's lobby!! I could see their excitement (same one I had before I started working on Whitney) and I told them "she looks amazing!" The excitement and passion in their eyes was the perfect mood to end my experience with the workshop! Needless to say, everyone's pictures did NOT dissapoint! LOVED LOVED LOVED this opportunity!
Thank you Scarlett for such an amazing opportunity, and for encouraging everyone, including myself, that with hardwork and faith in God's will, there is no limit to your capabilities!!!! Keep Sparkling girl!!!! xoxoxo!!!!
Scarlett Lillian Photographer http://www.scarlettlillian.com/
Stylist Melanie Pace http://www.melaniepace.com/
hairdresser: Amber Kish
Makeup artist: http://www.paulinaperez.com/
Location ONE OCEAN HOTEL : http://www.oneoceanresort.com/
Model: WHITNEY THOMPSON : http://www.shopsupermodel.com/
PICTURES ABOVE BY: Heather Caudill, Amy Gibson, and of course www.scarletlillian.com








1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the great write up! You did an AMAZING job on the make up! One quick correction, it's Amy Gibbons, not Gibson. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Followers